Cherry pie.You can have Cherry pie using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cherry pie
- It’s 1 of recipe 2 shell pie crust. (see my flaky pie crust recipe).
- Prepare 6-7 cups of fresh picked and pitted sour cherries. (you can use frozen. use about 2.5 lbs).
- It’s 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 tsp. of vanilla.
- You need 6 tablespoons of cornstarch.
- You need 2 Tbsp of butter for dotting.
- You need 2 Tbsp of milk (to brush on crust).
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of sugar (to sprinkle on milk.).
Cherry pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a mixing bowl combine cherries, vanilla, sugar, and cornstarch. Mix well. Let stand 5-10 minutes..
- Roll out first crust and line pie plate with it..
- Pour cherry mixture into pie plate.
- Roll out top crust. I like to cut strips and make a lattice top..
- Dot pie with butter and place top crust on pie.
- Brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Place pie in oven on the middle rack and bake 35- 40 minutes, until crust is brown and pie is bubbly.
- Allow pie to sit at least one hour before cutting to allow sauce to thicken..